Hearing Tonight on Plan to Avert Cuts to Metro Bus Service

Tonight there will be a special meeting of the King County Council about a proposal to prevent cuts to Metro bus service. Under this proposal, King County would create a Transportation Benefit District and levy a $60 annual vehicle license (car-tab) fee as well as a 0.1% sales tax. 60% of the revenue would pay for Metro bus service while the other 40% would be distributed to cities for road maintenance. A separate proposal calls for a 25-cent increase in fares and the creation of a new low-income fare.

The hearing will be held in the Ruth Fisher Board Room of Union Station, 401 S Jackson St. Sign-in begins at 5:30 PM and the hearing begins at 6 PM.

Posted in Events, Transportation